"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
Welcome to the online version of the Summer 2014 Supplemental Application for
Please complete this application online by following the on-screen prompts. Begin by clicking one of the two buttons to the left, to either 1) begin or continue an existing application, or 2) sign up as a first time user.
This application is to be completed by students applying for federal, state, or institutional assistance programs for the Summer terms of 2014.
The priority date for receiving this application in order to be considered for MAXIMUM Summer Financial Aid 2014 is April 15, 2014. Students desiring federal aid must also have completed the 2013-14 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to determine assistance. If you have not yet filed a 2013-2014 FAFSA click here to do so: www.fafsa.gov. Information provided with this application supplements the data received in your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and is used to determine eligibility for scholarships, grants, employment, and/or loan programs. Students may be eligible for some financial aid for less than ½ time enrollment; however, loans will require at least half time enrollment. Federal Assistance is only available to degree or certificate seeking students. Once a student file is reviewed for Summer 2014 aid, and if awards are posted to the student file then an award letter will be sent to the student indicating the student’s eligibility for Summer aid. Additional instructions, if needed, will also be provided.
Should you have any questions about this application, please contact the Office of Financial Aid 214-333-5363 or
It is important to remember the following information when applying for financial aid:
- Federal and state funds received are to be used for educational purposes only.
- Before you will be considered for financial aid, you must be admitted to Dallas Baptist University. Click here for admissions information. It is recommended that you begin the process for financial aid simultaneously with the admission process.
This online form will walk you through the Summer 2014 DBU Supplemental Application for Financial Aid, which will require 20-30 minutes to complete.
NEW USERS: Click on the New User Signup button and following the steps to create a user ID and password. Once your user ID is setup, return to the main page and click “Start/Continue Application.”
- RETURNING STUDENTS/USERS: Click “Start/Continue Application” to begin a new application for
Summer 2014, or to continue an application already in progress.
- As part of the application process, you will need to provide the name and amount of all other outside sources of financial assistance you will be receiving (scholarships, grants, employer tuition assistance, private loans, or any other outside resource) EXCEPT for funds paid directly by you, your parents, or your spouse, as applicable.
- Press “Submit” at the end of the application to submit it to the Office of Financial Aid. DO NOT MAIL or FAX the completed form; we accept electronic applications only. An electronic email confirmation will be sent to you upon submission of your application.
- We strongly recommend that you print a copy for your own records.
Filing a FAFSA:
If you have previously completed a FAFSA for your attendance in Fall 2013/Spring 2014 classes, it is NOT NECESSARY to complete another FAFSA. If you have not filed a FAFSA for 13-14 the 2013-14 FASFA must be complete by June 30, 2014, in order to receive financial aid for SUMMER 2014.
The Office of Financial Aid will begin paying summer aid into accounts after the add/drop period (census date) for long summer term. Once all aid has been applied, if a credit balance refund is due the student, the refund is made to the student within 14 days, as required by Federal regulations. A refund will be issued only if the student's balance is paid in full. Student refunds are either sent electronically, through direct deposit to your bank account, or as a paper check in the mail. For paper checks, please be sure to verify your current address information with the Registrar's office.
Students who withdraw from classes and students who do not attend all classes in which they enroll may be required to return a percentage of, or all, aid awarded.
REPEAT CLASSES and Financial Aid: :
- Federal Financial Aid may cover repeat classes, but will only be awarded ONCE for repeat a course for which you have received a passing grade.
- Institutional Scholarships are not awarded for repeat classes.
STATEMENT OF NON-DISCRIMINATION
Dallas Baptist University does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability, race, color or national origin. Under federal law, the University may discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purposes.
CONTACT THE OFFICE OF FINANCIAL AID:
Phone: (214) 333-5363
1- (800) 460-1DBU
FAX: (214) 333-5586